Sunday, February 19, 2012

Review: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer


Grad Student commented today about my choice of novels thus far in the blog - basically you are guaranteed that I'm going to review slash like books with angels or non-fiction. Well, what do you know, Graddie, look at what I'm reviewing now: BAM! Fiction that has been Turned into "Meh" Movies! Yes, this is officially my third favorite genre (oh hayyy, The Help).

AnyohheyisthatSandraBullock??, I've been wanting to read this book ever since they filmed it about 8 months ago 3 blocks down from where I'm living on the UWS (yep, I'm a sucker for celebrity sightings). Well, I thought the book was good - not amazingly, mind-bendingly awesome, but still a nice, solid read. It was interesting to have it on the e-reader, too, since a lot of the story is pictures or changes in text - it definitely was cool, but I don't think it had the same impact as it would have had I read it in the flesh ... er, paperback.

So, if you want to read a book about an eight year old who is by far smarter than I am, dive in! But, honestly, that's not saying much because I find these type of things hilarious:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Heck ya!