Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Hello, Gorgeous (book covers)

Hello from YA and WS land!  Today the peeps at The Broke and the Bookish have given us all permission to judge books by their covers with today's Top Ten Tuesday. (Which, lets be serious, I do all the time when I am browsing at the library). I love my Nook, but there is something to be said for a real hardcover book with the glossy plastic cover from the library.

It is probably once a week that my roommate comes into my room, rolls her eyes, and says 'WHAT are you reading?!' usually it is because there is a fairy/girl swimming in a prom dress/shinny silver background to my book. THE HORROR, THE HORROR (thanks, J. Conrad). Sometimes I can convince her its ok. But not always. For example on Sunday, she caught me a book that said on the back "She was cyborg, and she would never go to the ball." Once she regained the ability to speak, I tried to explain that Cinder was a pretty cool mechanic, but it was a hard sell!

Here, in no particular order, are my Top (8) Covers I like and am not embarrassed by:
1. A Million Suns, Beth Revis. I know there was all the hullabaloo about the cover of Across the Universe, but I love these covers on Beth Revis's series.

2. Hourglass, Myra McEntire.  I have already made the case for this. Its cool. and it reminds Goosie Mama of Taylor Swift, which is my mind is almost always a good thing.

3. Anna Dressed in Blood, Kendare Blake.

4. The Romantics, Galt Niederhoffer. Disclaimer: my high school girlfriends and I read this together, and did NOT give it two thumbs up--every character is a miserable person. BUT I can't help but love the cover.

5. The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern. The cover is gorgeous, and the writing is very visual, but my favorite were the interior designs.

6. Delirum, Lauren Oliver. The sequel cannot compare.

7.The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fizgerald. (CLASSIC)

8. Rules of Civility, Amor Towles. Classy act, all the way.

Rules of Civility

2 comments:

  1. Anna Dressed in Blood is a cool cover, I just got that book last week :)

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/top-10-tuesdays-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I have forgotten The Great Gatsby? That cover is timeless, and becomes so meaningful once you've read the book. While I haven't read it, The Romantics' cover is lovely as well--reminds me a bit of the nature illustrations of John James Audubon. Great list!

    Taryn, at Bookwanderer

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!