Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer Must-Reads

Rules of CivilityThis Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is dedicated to books on our Summer "to be read" lists. Most of these are not new books. But summer is a time to log serious beach-reading hours, and these are the top of the reading lists at YAF and WS.

Grad Student:
1. Rules of Civility by Armor Towles.  In prep for The Great Gatsby film!
The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)




Goosie Mama:
9. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
10. The Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. I'm on the first one and i'm already obsessed. BEEEIIIIILLLL!
11. The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting, the 3rd Body Finders novel!!! I might have to take out the physical book from the lib instead of using eReader. Gasp.

6 comments:

  1. Ya know, The Statistical Probability Of Love is pretty decent fluff.

    Also? Zac Efron light? That cracks me up.

    I've only read the first Shade book, it's actually quite decent.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many good books! I need to read The Perks of Being A Wall Flower, too. I read the script and it was AMAZING. I was sobbing at my desk (I read it at work). I want to read it before the movie comes out. Also, soooo excited for Gatsby and Statiscial Probability is AWESOME. I need to read the Shade series, Insurgent is a lot of fun and I am WAY behind on both Game of Thrones AND Sookie Stackhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may be the only person in the world who really did not like The Great Gatsby...

    Never heard of Texas Gothic, but if it has cowboys, I'm sold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Perks was outstanding. Also, the Last Echo was very good. I really need to start the Shade series. ~dixie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight looks like a good one! I also need to read Insurgent. I've read the first 2 Sookie Stackhouse books and they are good!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of the Sookie Stackhouse series but I plan on starting soon. Hope you get to all these books plus enjoy them all :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!