Thursday, November 15, 2012

Movie Trailer Procrastination: Warm Bodies

Gooooooood morning book blog world. So this week Crazy Camper and I have been loving the trailer for the movie Warm Bodies.

The great news is that it is based on a book. As soon as I saw the cover I recognized it from book blogs. The trailer sold me and now I am going to get Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion ASAP. Has anyone read it? Will it be as awesome as it looks?

Also, lets give a little collective thank-you to the world for Dave Franco. James, who knew your little brother would be so good-looking!?

R is a young man with an existential crisis--he is a zombie. He shuffles through an America destroyed by war, social collapse, and the mindless hunger of his undead comrades, but he craves something more than blood and brains. He can speak just a few grunted syllables, but his inner life is deep, full of wonder and longing. He has no memories, noidentity, and no pulse, but he has dreams.After experiencing a teenage boy's memories while consuming his brain, R makes an unexpected choice that begins a tense, awkward, and stragely sweet relationship with the victim's human girlfriend. Julie is a blast of color in the otherwise dreary and gray landscape that surrounds R. His decision to protect her will transform not only R, but his fellow Dead, and perhaps their whole lifeless world. Scary, funny, and surprisingly poignant, Warm Bodies is about being alive, being dead, and the blurry line in between (GoodReads).
                   Warm Bodies

4 comments:

  1. I am soooo excited to see Warm Bodies!!! I initially had no idea this was based on a book but now that I know, I am definitely going to be reading it once I'm finished the one I'm on. Man, do I love me a good zombie book.

    So I have an idea. I think we need to all go see it on opening night and come back and have a wondrous blog chat about our thoughts. What say you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea. But full disclosure I am TERRIBLE at actually getting myself to see a movie when it comes out. But lets try it!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I didn't realize that this was based on a book! I saw the trailer and it looked kinda awesome. If we already have this book in our library, I'll be promoting it. If we don't, I'll be buying it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I take it you are a librarian (which is also awesome!)

      Delete

Comments? Heck ya!