Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: Slated by Teri Terry

"Kyla’s memory has been erased,
her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.

She’s been Slated.

The government claims she was a terrorist, and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla’s mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?"


I DEVOURED THIS BOOK.  As in I read the whole thing yesterday after work, skipped yoga, and didn't help with the dinner dishes, and was too lazy to walk and get CANDY when it was offered to me to get me away from reading.  Not sorry.


Originality: 7.5- dystopian future, but I liked the spin of having a "clean slate" and basically not knowing anything about the world, like, knives, they are sharp, watch out.

Absurdity: 4- ok ok, but its dystopian!!    I wasn't shocked by much as totally ridiculous, just got swept right along.

Paranormal Romance: 6.  O Ben.  with the you know and easy to please attitude, no wonder all the girls swooned a bit.  Goosie Mama would love the build up to the kiss in this one. 

Harry Potterness: 6.  Couldn't stop.  Do not know if I was just tired and burned out, but this book was just what I needed.

I am currently in a post- Friday Night Lights lull, since I am 7 years late and JUST found it this fall. My life is more empty without Coach and Tami, and for last night, I didn't even think twice that there is nothing left for me to watch on TV.  Book 2- I am on the hunt for you!

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't planning on reading this one, but now I might have to. I need to get swept up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be something I would like. Great review. I am off to check my library. :D


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!