Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday:Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun

Hello again, Top Ten Tuesday world! We have missed you the last couple of weeks here at YAF and WS, mostly because I have had so much work I haven't had time to get things together. Opps. My bad. But here we are, getting back into the TTT, (which we love and is hosted by the awesome The Broke and the Bookish). This week is all about books that are fun, fluffy, and light. Bring on the rainbows and kittens!
                 Meant to Be

  1. The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen. Sweet swoon and happy endings.
  2. The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde.  Extreme silliness ahead (for the kiddos).
  3. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling. I mean, everything she does is hilarious.
  4. Wilfair by Alysia Gray Painter: Wacky but nevertheless charmingly charming. 
  5. To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis. Very smart and very wacky. 
  6. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by 
  7. Stardust by Neil Gaiman. From the master of mischievous storytelling.
  8. Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill. I giggled out loud, which is pretty much inevitable with this adorableness.
Making this TTT made me realize that a LOT of YA books are broody, the world-is-ending-unless-our-brunette-heroine-can-realize-her-potential. Ouch. Now I see why we all needed to do this week's list ot share the wealth of fun books.

Want to know more about these reads? See our reviews of  The Girl Who Chased the MoonThe Last DragonslayerIs Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)WilfairTo Say Nothing of the Dog, and Meant To Be.

4 comments:

  1. I've only read Stardust from this list but I love the slightly bizarre fairytale. Will definitely check out the others when I'm in need of a light read. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy Kaling is so funny. I loved this, too. I'm embarrased to say I've never read Stardust, but I've seen the movie at least 5 times. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to skip Meant To Be, but maybe now I won't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I've had Meant to Be for a while, I need to get around to reading it.

    I agree about go many YA books being broody, when I was trying to find books for my list I realized that all I read is books about death, abuse, and other depressing things.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!