Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: The Best Books We Read in Spring 2013

Its Tuesday, which means  its Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week;s theme isTop Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2013! This is a pretty long list- we have had a good 6 months of reading. What made your list of favs for Spring 2013?
Grad Student AND Crazy Camper
Outcast by Adrienne Kress. DO IT. 

Grad Student
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan. Again--Do it! Delightful.

Anna and the French Kiss AND Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. And then I fell down the rabbit hole of contemp YA romance.


Crazy Camper
For the Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund: This was probably the most I've swooned in a long time. And the title, love it.
Veronica Roth's Insurgent Series (esp book 1- love me some world-building).

The Book Thief by Mark Zuzak. This is almost like saying I "like" John Green. LOVE.


Goosie Mama:
Truth or Dare by Jacqueline Green was great, such a great summer read too!

 An Abundance of Katherine's and that was, as CC mentions, fabalamadingdong. I mean John Green, 'nuff said.

Also, I haven't mentioned it yet on the blog but I read Dreamland by Sarah Dessen about this teenager who was in an abusive relationship and I couldn't put it down. It was strangely engrossing, like a car wreck you can't look away from.

Finally, Princesses of Iowa was sooooooo good. Nothing supernatural and not as lighthearted as the title might imply but SUCH an honest coming of age story I lived for it!!

Check out our reviews of Outcast by Andrienne Kress, An Abundance of Katherines by John Green,Unspoken by Sarah Reese Brennan, Divergent by Veronica Roth (Grad Student’s review, Goosie Mama’s review) and  Insurgent, For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund (and Crazy Camper's addendum), The Book Thief by Mark Zuzak, and Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. So many books to love.

6 comments:

  1. For Darkness Shows the Stars is certainly worthy of the swoon. I just finished reading an ARC of the companion novel and liked it even better.

    Anna and Lola are such fun books. I'm really excited to read Isla.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am JEALOUS of that arc! can't wait for a review!

      Delete
  2. ANNA AND LOLA! Unspoken and An Abundance of Katherines are books I've been wanting to read lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANNA&TFK, DIVERGENT, INSURGENT - love those books! I agree about DREAMLAND, it's a hard book to step away from.

    Awesome top ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to make time for Unspoken - I have heard such good things! And I agree with Dreamland - it was so sad yet such a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a bunch on here that I need to get to: like For Darkness Shows the Stars and Unspoken. I keep running into Diana Peterfruend and she is the BEST.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!