Thursday, July 25, 2013

Review: The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa has been a hard book for me to review, but here, finally, is my best effort.

Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike (GoodReads).

This book just draggggged. I could have cut lots out ESP of the first 240 pages. Things pick up when a certain someone shows up and I gasped at the ending, but overall this was not compelling for me

Originality: 6. I still stand by my review of book oneThe Immortal Rules (click for review) that this series has a unique dystopian/vampire POV with Allie as a vampire and our protagonist.
Absurdity: 7. THEY WALK SO MUCH. Like across large sections of the country. This is truly a minor point, but hey, it made me crazy.
Level of Paranormal Romance: 6. You know, the usual vampire-human unrequited love. But a certain someone has a way with declarations of affection. Who doesn't like boys who emote?
Level of Harry-Potterness: 2. This book really could not hook me until literally the last page. I am happy I persevered through the epilogue because the cliffhanger was a good one. BUT, but, this barely makes up for the slog. I will have to see how I feel about the next book- it might be a speed-read option.

2 comments:

  1. Not spam: http://www.emotioneric.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... this one was GOOD... but it dragged a lot for me. It was like first we do this.. then we do this... then we do that... I dunno. It took me longer to get through this than The Immortal Rules. I did like the ending though - was a great cliffhanger!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!