Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors who Deserve More Recognition

Hellllllllllllllllo Top Ten Tuesday people! Today we can only offer an abbreviated list of authors who we think deserve more kuddos and more readers.  We think this is a great topic though, since if people are listing authors today, then maybe there are awesome writers out there just waiting to be discovered by us, the ladies of Young Adult Fiction and Whiskey Sours! We look forward to your lists.


  1. Lili St. Crow. How many times do I have to tell you to read the Strange Angels series!?!?
  2. Rae Carson. Her Girl of Fire and Thorns series is epically well done.
  3. In the US Grad Student has trouble even finding a copy of the later books in the Tomorrow, When the War Began series by John Marsden. In Australia everyone know about Marsden and this awesome series. This country need to get on board.
  4. Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse books. People, there is more then just the HBO show!  Sookie deserves some more credit cause her character in the book is way better than the TV version.


As always, cheers to The Broke and the Bookish, the kick-ass hosts of TTT!  If you want to know more about these authors, see our posts on The Girl of Fire and Thorns and The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson, Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow,Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden and Deadlocked  and Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris.

5 comments:

  1. YES to Rae Carson! I'm constantly trying to get everyone I know to read her books, they're fantastic.

    Fabulous list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Girl of Fire and Thorns I definitely need to read! Great list here.
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot about Sookie Stackhouse books, I have got to pick one up and take it for a test drive soon!

    http://tenuinanoa.blogspot.com/2013/07/its-top-10-tuesday-hosted-at-broke-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Strange Angels series is amazing! Lili is on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I just got Strange Angels for my kindle.... was it free last week? Rachel from Rachel Writes Things made me get it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Heck ya!